Definition: noun, Incessant Hand Raiser
1. someone who raises their hand as though their academic integrity depends on it
2. someone who likes the sound of their own voice
3. someone who has a chronic shoulder condition causing a chain reaction of muscle spasms propelling their arm into the air at frequent and constant intervals
4. someone who likes rephrasing (OR even better, repeating exactly) what the prof/teacher said, to clarify to themselves and to others that they are just as articulate as a parrot
This is how everyone around you is feeling…or maybe it’s just me (it is probably just me):
Phase 1: tra-la-la…maybe I should participate
Phase 2: wait a minute…you are that IHR
Phase 3: how are you still talking…
Phase 4: I knew I didn’t come to this class for a reason…goodnight
1. Class room/lecture hall
3. Class room/lecture hall
4. During a speech or presentation (classroom/lecture hall)
You want to eat your granola bar RIGHT NOW? There is 5 minutes left in class…and you want to eat it NOW? I’m just checking. I don’t know, I guess if I was really really really really hungry I’d distract everyone around me too just to eat a granola bar with 5 min…REALLY? Right NOW?!
Kay. Now you have my undivided (and seriously annoyed) attention. Let’s take this outside. Let’s go.
Oh! Wait…you think that if you open it slower it will be quieter. Nope. Not true. I say just rip it open OR wait 5 minutes, but you already chose to not do the second one.
Damn. Still opening that rapper eh? Hmm…too bad I actually wanted to know what the prof was saying but seeing as my goldfish-like attention span was now stolen by your need to eat that crinkly-wrapper-covered granola bar…
Ohhh HELL NO! It’s a crunchy granola bar?! WOW. Why don’t you just eat a fog horn! Shake my damn head….
What is quieter to eat in class?
Granola bar < Fog Horn